Saturday, March 11, 2006
Ten Misconceptions about Intersex
Organisation Intersex International
1. Intersex means that a person has both sets of genitalia.
2. 1 in 2000 infants is born intersex.
3. Intersex is about homosexuality.
4. Intersex is not about gender. (This is a statement on ISNA's home page)
5. Intersex is part of the transgender movement.
6. Only true hermaphrodites are real hermaphrodites.
7. Transsexualism is not an intersex condition.
8. The intersex movement is an identity movement like other GLBT movements.
9. Most intersex people were assigned female.
10. Intersexuality is a condition which can be cured.
For the whole article, click here.